Hello Friends!

Relax, take a deep breath and stay a while. If you brought your cup of coffee...even better :).

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lego Mindstorm....the adventure begins!

Our adventure begins...
Today we have opened the box.
Our Lego Mindstorm arrived weeks ago but today is the day when our behavior has EARNED this reward.  It is also nice that it coincides with spring break. That will help mom out a lot.

My oldest son was seven when he got his first real lego.  It was a bit of an accident.  He received Sponge Bob's Bikini Bottom for his birthday and, to mom's big shock (because she thought it too complex), he put it all together in one sitting....with no help from anyone.

I was a little surprised to say the least.

We became a Lego king after that and he went on to put together every lego we could find.  We mastered 200 piece lego sets in a variety of themes from Sponge Bob to Indiana Jones to Star Wars and Toy Story.  We then went on to six hundred piece sets and even the 1170 piece Star Wars Republic Cruiser.  He puts them together in a matter of a few hours and without even getting up from the table.   He also does it alone, with no assistance from anyone.

He is the master.

So, in mom's infinite wisdom, I have moved us to the next level of challenge.  I have bought the Mindstorm.  We have decided to build Alpha Rex....Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hey you are brave!
    I haven't quite gotten there with my son yet, though I know it is on the horizon.
    Have you found Lego Digital Designer?
    Your son might like that too if he is into computers + Lego.
    Let us know how you go with the Mindstorm models :0)
    Cheers
    Inger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep you posted, Inger! We are currently working on making Alpha Rex's legs.
    Hello there,
    Mindstorm really is an adventure! Oh my goodness and I am not the tech-y girl, LOL. The diagrams are a bit more complicated with Mindstorm but it has been a nice way to slow him down a bit. A little frustration here and there but he is working through it independently.
    I am not familiar with digital designer. I'll have to check into it!
    Thanks a bunch :). We're holding our breath to see how this goes!!
    j

    ReplyDelete